Thursday, June 12, 2008

We Be Blue

So about the location... I know what you're thinking- Wow! that is some really cool graffiti!.. First let me say that these guys wanted me to take them here. I mean it was my idea but still they were totally up for it. So guess what she does? She's a teacher. Little kids...









This could be any street - with a blue bike and a couple acting like their all alone! Ha ha... I did three things in this composition- you can stop reading here if you don't care about this stuff- I framed them on the left, I placed the bike on the right pointing to them, the front wheel close enough to them so the image is not two separate sides. And finally I had them turn just slightly away from me and more into each other. They seem to be trying to hide just a little from the camera. I thought it might give a little hint of romanticism. Something only they know. Sweet. The calm attitude of the couple is complemented by the overall editing (they are a very calm couple). I'm not saying it is perfect, but for several reasons I like looking at it. Now if the person living in 225 would have opened his door with a surprised look I might say it is perfect. Let's say this is not a street you would usually see a young white couple on...